360 degree feedback is a process where leaders and staff receive confidential, anonymous feedback from people they work with. This multi-source feedback overcomes the disadvantage of single person feedback. Feedback from multiple perspectives also has a sense of fairness about it and provides a high level of motivation to help address challenges.
Human Synergistics Life Styles Inventory (LSI) identifies the underlying thoughts and motivations that guide an individual’s behaviour. Often referred to as personal styles, management styles and leadership styles, these represent the essence of an individual’s effectiveness. The LSI is best undertaken by both the individual and a selected group of colleagues. In this way the individual can see how they rate themselves in terms of preferred leadership behaviours, as well as looking at how others view them. The debriefing of this tool can be done in a group or through individual one-on-one coaching.
Leadership Performance Profiles (LPP360) are feedback tools for the Australian Public Service and are based on or consistent with the Integrated Leadership System (ILS).
There are seven profiles in the suite:
- Team Leader Profile (TLP)
- Executive Leader Profile 1 (ELP1)
- Executive Leader Profile 2 (ELP2)
- Senior Leader Profile Band 1 (SLP1)
- Senior Leader Profile Band 2 (SLP2)
- Emotional and Social Intelligence Profile (ESIP)
- Strategic Intelligence Profile (SIP).
The Leadership Circle Profile (LCP)
The LCP measures two primary leadership domains: Creative Competencies and Reactive Tendencies. It provides insights into an individual’s leadership behaviours including what is and isn’t working and why. The report focuses on a number of elements including:
- Reactive-Creative Scale – the balance between creative and reactive dimensions. This provides insights about the individual’s goal orientation,
self-concept and inner motivation
- Relationship-Task Balance – the balance between the achieving and relating competencies
- Leadership Potential Utilisation – how the individual compares to other leaders
- Leadership Effectiveness – how effective the individual is perceived as a leader.