The VET Quality Framework and Conditions of Registration require that RTOs protect fees paid in advance and have a fair and reasonable refund policy.
We are committed to providing a fair and transparent policy and procedure when dealing with students and prospective students in regard to fees charged, protection of fees and refunds when warranted.
This applies to all students enrolled with Interaction Consulting Group (Interaction).
Our organisation is committed to ensuring transparency, fairness, and compliance in all aspects related to fees, charges, and refunds. This policy outlines our approach to setting fees, charges, and refund arrangements for our training and assessment services in accordance with Interaction Standards 2015.
Fee setting and structure
We will establish fees for our training and assessment services that are reasonable, competitive, and reflect the cost of delivering the programs.
The fee structure will be communicated clearly to students, providing detailed information about the total cost of the program, any additional charges or expenses, and the payment schedule.
We will review and update our fee structure periodically to ensure it remains fair, competitive, and aligned with the current market conditions.
Payment terms and options
We will clearly communicate the payment terms and options available to students, including the due dates and acceptable payment methods (e.g., cash, credit card, bank transfer).
Where applicable, we may offer instalment plans to facilitate easier payment for students, subject to terms and conditions specified in the agreement.
Payment of enrolment fees
An initial non-refundable enrolment fee of $300 applies to all courses. This fee is payable in advance before course commencement.
Those students who receive a Government Benefit (i.e., Pension or Allowance) may be exempt from paying this fee or may receive concession rates.
Students claiming an exemption must provide proof that they are receiving benefits (e.g. Health Benefits Card, Health Care Card, and Pension Concession Card).
- In the case of student-funded courses, Interaction has measures in place to ensure that students receive a refund of fees for services that have not been provided. This includes services that have not been provided as a result of the financial failure of Interaction; see Refund of fees below.
- Interaction will adopt a refund policy that is fair and equitable both to the student and Interaction.
- Interaction will ensure that the contractual and financial relationship between the student and Interaction is fully and properly documented and that copies of the documentation are made available to the student. Documentation will include the rights and responsibilities of the student, cost of training, payment arrangements, refund conditions and any matters that place obligations on the student.
- In the case where the employer is funding the cost of training, information of such funding will be provided to the trainee, only at the discretion of the employer.
Interaction will charge a nominal fee per course enrolled. An initial course fee must be paid prior to the course start date. Contact our office for current fee details as it is subject to change.
We provide the following fee information to each student:
- The total amount of all fees including course fees, enrolment fees, materials fees, and any other charges
- Payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit/enrolment fees
- The nature of the guarantee given by Interaction to complete the training and/or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course
- The fees and charges for additional services, including such items as issuance of a replacement qualification testamur and the other options available to students who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment
- Interaction’s refund policy
Payments – course fees
- Generally, Interaction requires upfront payment of course fees
- We do not accept prepaid fees of more than $1,000
- We do not require students to prepay fees of more than $1,000
- Prepay means: payments made at any time made before, during or after the student enrols
- Prepaid fees include all fees that a student is required to pay, including enrolment fees, tuition fees, material fees and any other mandatory fees required
- Noting that we are only required to protect prepaid fees for individual students and prospective students. This does not apply where an employer engages Interaction to provide training and/or assessment to its staff
If we change our policy such that we charge more than $1,000 in prepaid fees, we will protect those fees by obtaining Tuition Assurance Scheme approved by the NVR, this assurance must ensure:
- The student will be placed into an equivalent course such that:
- the new location is geographically close to where the student had been enrolled
- the student receives the full services for which they have prepaid at no additional cost to the student
- If an equivalent course cannot be found, the student is paid a refund of any prepaid fees for services yet to be delivered above the threshold prepaid fee amount.
In line with our values on equity and access, students may approach Interaction if they have circumstances that warrant an alternative payment structure is agreed upon. A payment plan may be warranted with several progress payments.
Refund of fees
Employer-sponsored courses and traineeships
The enrolment fee may be refunded under the following circumstances:
- If a student leaves the employer more than 7 days prior to the commencement of the course, the full enrolment fee will be refunded, the commencement date will be the first scheduled structured training session date booked by the trainer.
- If a student leaves the employer less than 7 days prior to commencement of the course 20% of the enrolment fee will be forfeited, 80% of the enrolment fee will be refunded, the commencement date will be the first scheduled structured training session date booked by the trainer/assessor.
- No refunds will be granted from the date of the commencement of the course.
Student-funded courses (not traineeships)
Course fees may be refunded or reallocated under the following circumstances:
- If Interaction, or a third-party delivering services on behalf of Interaction, closes or ceases to deliver a unit or units that the student is enrolled in, the student will receive a full refund (or pro-rata adjusted refund), Interaction may also offer the student a transfer to another course, this choice is for the student to make
- If a refund is requested more than 14 days before the course commences, a full refund, less the enrolment fee will be provided
- If a refund is requested between 14 days of the course commencement and the day of commencement, 50% of the initial course fee will be refunded, less the enrolment fee
- If a place is not offered in the course, the student will receive a full refund including the enrolment fee
- If the student wishes to change their enrolment into another course at the same RTO the course fees paid will be transferred to a new course
When refunds are unavailable
- If a student applies for RPL and the application is unsuccessful, there will be no refund.
- Once training has commenced in the course no refund is available, unless compelling circumstances prevail i.e., extreme personal hardship or medical circumstances which warrant non-completion of the course. In these cases, the student may wish to return to college at a later date, this will also be approved by Interaction (the student must return within one year of the enrolment date to complete the course)
- If the student fails to comply with the terms and conditions of enrolment which include, college policies and procedures as provided in this Code of Practice and the Student Handbook
- If a student provides false or misleading information
In the case where the student has outstanding debts, then the 30 days period of issuing qualification will not begin until they have cleared their debt.
A student will not receive their qualification, statement of attainment and record of results until the debt is paid. In cases where the student has paid for part of the course, for example, two units of competency and they have completed those units as competent, then they will receive a statement of attainment for those units.
For example, if the student completes his/her course on 1st June and has no outstanding debts then he/she will receive their qualifications before the end of June.
NOTE: A student will not receive their qualification, statement of attainment and record of results until the debt is paid. In cases where the student has paid for part of a course, for example, two units of competency and they have completed those units as competent, then they will only receive a statement of attainment for those units.
How to apply for a refund
Requests for refund must be made in writing using the applicable form – the Request for Refund (form RfR).
Note: Refunds granted to a student will be paid within 2 weeks of receiving a written application on the appropriate form available from the Student Support Manager.
Interaction warrants that it maintains appropriate retained funds in its bank account to enable continuance through to the completion of the training and/or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course. These funds are maintained in a separate account from that of the operational account. Funds are released to the operational account at the start of each training semester.
Request for Refund form