Are you out of the office? How are you adapting to working from home?
Working from home is becoming an increasingly popular way of working for many people. This can be due to the flexibility it offers, advancements in virtual communication technology, or simply because of the reduction in costs for employees. Whatever the reason, there are plenty of benefits to working from home and ways you can optimise your experience.
Here are 5 tips for working from home:
1. Set up a designated workspace with a comfortable chair and keep your workspace de-cluttered, clean, and organised.
2. Be mindful of the time – if you’re feeling tired or hungry, take a break and remember to drink lots of water.
3. Create a work routine to keep yourself productive. Try using the Pomodoro technique, where you break your workday into 25-minute chunks separated by five-minute breaks to increase productivity.
4. Keep on top of your tasks, with project management tools like Microsoft Planner, Trello or Evernote.
5. Have fun! Make sure you take time for yourself each day to do things that make you happy (e.g., reading, meditating, or walking.)
These five suggestions can help anyone who works remotely feel more at ease during their workday. Take a moment to reflect on any other advice you would add to this list.
If these ideas resonate with you and would like more information about how we could support you in finding your work-life balance or building personal effectiveness, contact us today. We offer a 1 on 1 coaching service and training for teams within an organisation.
Ph: (02) 6282 9111